If you are looking to get A LOT of WOW for very little money these Giant Tissue Paper Flowers are definitely the way to go! To make these you will need the following…
– Tissue Paper in 2 coordinating colors (I used 1 1/2 packs of 20×20″ paper with 8 sheets per flower)
– Crinkle Cut Tissue Paper
– Cardboard or thick Card Stock
– Hot Glue Gun or Craft Glue
1. Using some thin cardboard or thick card stock create a petal design of your choice and cut out patterns in 3 graduated sizes. (My sizes were as follows: Large – 14.5×12″, Medium 12×10.5″, and Small 10.5×8″)
2. Using your patterns, trace the petals designs onto the tissue paper and cut them out. (If you are careful in the way you arrange your patterns you will only need about 1 1/2 packs of tissue per flower) I used approximately 4 small, 6 medium and 8-10 large petals per flower.
3. Start with the smallest petals and overlap them to form the inner most ring of your flower.
4. Bunch the “stems” together and make sure you are happy with the look of your center.
5. Turn the flower over and bind the ends with tape.
6. Keeping the flower upside down. Add the medium sizes petals and tape into place.
7. Repeat Step 6 for the large sized petals.
8. Turn your flower over and you should have lovely arrangement of petals.
9. Take some of your coordinating paper and cut two circles. (They don’t need to be perfect.)
10. Layer them on top of each other and crumple them into a ball.
11. Gently open the crumpled ball and put it aside.
12. Next take your crinkle cut paper and roll it into a ball and glue it in the center of your crumpled circles.
13. Then a dab of glue to the bottom of you crumple circles and add them to your petals. And there you have it… A Giant Tissue Paper Flower!!
You can find more ideas from my Posies and Paisley Party here.