If you are looking for a simple dessert to make this holiday weekend, here’s a quick recipe for Strawberry Shortcake that’s so easy you probably have almost all of the ingredients already in your kitchen!
– 4 Eggs
– 3/4 cup of Superfine Sugar
– 2/3 cup of Flour
– 1/4 cup of Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
– 1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
– 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
– 1 carton of Heavy Whipping Cream
– 2 tablespoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon Vanilla
– Powdered Sugar
– Fresh Strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8 inch round cake pans or one 8 inch and one 6 inch pan.
2. Beat together eggs and superfine sugar with a mixer for approximately 10 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is thick and creamy.
3. Sift together flour, pudding mix, cream of tartar and baking soda. Sift at least 2 times to make sure that the ingredients are well mixed
4. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the eggs and sugar mixture until smooth.
5. Divide the mixture between the cake pan.
6. Bake 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of your pans) until you can insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and it comes out dry.
7. Remove pans from oven and cool upside down on parchment covered wire rack.
8. Once the cakes are cool. Carefully cut off the edge of each cake and then slice in half.
9. Sift a cup of powdered sugar onto a flat plate and carefully roll the edge of each of your cakes through the sugar and then set them aside.
10. With your mixer beat together the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until thick.
11. Assemble your cake by layering the cake with the whipping and sliced strawberries. Garnish with fresh flower if you wish.
And most of all ENJOY!! Hope you have a fabulous holiday weekend!